Two of my favorite things in life are Chocolate and Peanut Butter. So....personal preference for brownies would include both. However, I wanted to bake a chocolaty treat for Passover that number one was kosher for Passover, and number two was nut free (since one of my family members has a nut allergy).
So....... I thought, how does one create a fudgey brownie texture without using a ton of butter, and without nut butter?!? Well......thank god for SUN BUTTER! Butter made from sunflower seeds is the perfect fix! I swear I can eat this stuff right from the jar just like I do with peanut butter. Also tastes great drizzled on some oatmeal, or smeared on toast. (So basically everything)
Sun butter can be found at most grocery stores, but I find it is cheapest at Trader Joes. Make sure to get the unsalted version so theres no added ingredients.
This batch of brownies is super easy to make. Takes two bowls and 7 ingredients. If you are not eating right away, they can be stored on the counter in a sealed tight container for 2-3 days. Otherwise, I would freeze them. They actually taste great thawed from the freezer, and I even like to eat them when they are a little frozen for a cold treat (usually with some form of ice cream on top).
1/2 cup Sunbutter
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1/3 cup maple syrup
3 tbsp coconut oil (melted)
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp baking soda
Enjoy life foods semi sweet mini chocolate chips (sometimes its fun not to measure chocolate chips...live a little!)
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line an 8x8 baking pan with parchment paper (Spray parchment paper with nonstick spray)
2. Mix wet ingredients in a bowl and then mix dry ingredients in separate bowl.
3. Add dry to wet ingredients and mix well
4. Fold in chocolate chips
5. Pour batter into greased pan and spread out with spatula. Sprinkle more chocolate chips on top :)
6. Bake for 30 min or stop cooking when with toothpick test, it comes out fairly clean (would test after 20min since oven times vary)
Did you make this recipe? Please tag me in your remakes! @Stephi.Paige
Hi there, Im Stephi Paige!